[Zope-DB] DCOracle2 "Unable to determine Oracle version strings"

Matthew T. Kromer matt at bane.mi.org
Fri Jul 23 14:23:19 EDT 2004

I'd guess that's a problem with either the run time library path, or a
problem in tnsnames.ora.

My best suggestion is to try to run python & load DCOracle2 manually to
see if any errors spit out on the console.

e.g.

$ cd lib/python/Products/DCOracle2
$ python
 >>> import DCOracle2
 >>> db = DCOracle2.connect("scott/tiger at db")
 >>> print db.Version()

if Zope can't connect its likely that this above wont work either, but
it may show you some informative messages along the way.