[Zope-DB] DCOracle2 "Unable to determine Oracle version strings"

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Fri Jul 23 14:31:13 EDT 2004

Hmmmm. I don't have the identical setup - I am running Zope 2.7.0 on
RedHat 7.3. But I don't have anything in my zope.conf that is Oracle
related. But the user I am running this as has the following
environment:

$ env | grep -i ora

ORACLE_SID=dev
ORACLE_BASE=/ora
ORACLE_HOME=/ora/product/8.1.7
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/software/lib:/usr/lib:/ora/product/8.1.7/lib
PATH=/software/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/ora/product/8.1.7/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

Is the database on the same machine as your Zope client?

--
Cynthia Kiser