[Zope-DB] RFC: mxODBCZopeDA & ZEO

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Mon May 24 08:27:07 EDT 2004

Dear all,

we have recently been testing the mxODBCZopeDA together with ZEO. While our
tests indicate that there are no significant problems in this combination
we think that there are possible issues to address and would like some
feedback from those Zope users who use ZEO and an RDBMS-DA as we have so
far no ZEO installations in production.

ZEO essentially replicates the ZODB across various ZEO clients. While this
is fine for applications which are heavily dependent upon content from the
ZODB, it may not be the best solution for RDBMS driven data or indeed any
Zoep product that is dependent on external libraries. ie. might it not make
more sense to centralise the connection object to reduce configuration and
maintenance overhead and security risks?

Comments appreciated

Charlie Clark
--
Charlie Clark