[Zope-DB] Wierd rollback problem in mxODBC DA

Matthew T. Kromer matt at bane.mi.org
Thu Oct 21 08:01:47 EDT 2004

Phil, if I had to guess at it, I'd think you're seeing some kind of
glitch in your actual database, most likely having to do with how
independent transactions view each other when run concurrently.

You didn't list your target database type, nor your code, so I cant
guess any further.

I would be surprised if mxODBC were the culprit; the symptoms you
describe usually have to do with understanding the nuances of your
target database and how Zope actually drives the adapter.

For example, are you sure the SQL method which queries the table isn't
caching the results?   There's a cache tab which controls this; the
result cache is unaware of any updates you may do which would
invalidate the cache.  Not caching is the default behavior, but if you
turned caching on you could be bitten by this.