[Zope-DB] Re:Initializing DCOracle2 and connecting to outsidescript

Barry Sperling barry at angleinc.com
Wed Oct 27 14:43:25 EDT 2004

Hi,
	When I last worked on this on 10/19 there was an exchange of info here
about getting an Oracle connection from Zope.  Your time is appreciated,
but I didn't succeed.  Zope runs ( and is accessible from another LANed
computer ) but won't startup when the directory DCOracle2 ( or the one
with the name changed to ZOracleDA ) exists in the
  Program Files\Zope-2.7.2-0\lib\python\Products directory, on my
Windows 2000 machine, with Python 2.3.3 and Oracle 8i.
	I finished up on the project that I was pulled away for, and now would
like to go back to the problem of accessing an Oracle database through a
webpage.  The DCOracle2 package was unzipped again and reinstalled and
the pyd file was downloaded again and saved.  The previous problems
still exist.  I am not able to start Zope with that directory installed,
or use "import DCOracle2" in a Python script.
	When "install.py" is double-clicked a command window shows up very
briefly and then disappears.
	If anyone can suggest something that I likely may be doing wrong, or
something that I might have left out, it would be great to hear about it.
	Thanks,
		Barry