[Zope-DB] Connection to Oracle DB

Umashankar Rao umashankar.rao at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:27:25 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I am building a small web based database health check application.

Can you please explain or point me to a link where i can find the info
related to "Oracle database connectivity  with Zope?"

I installed Zope 2.7.5 on my  Desktop having Win XP. Later i
downloaded the oracle adaptor DCOracle2-1_3b and followed the
installation instructions like unzipping the stuff into
ZOPE_HOME/lib/python/products/ and renaming the directory to
"ZOracleDA". Later after setting the ORACLE_HOME i called install.py
and it says "Success! DCOracle2's C  binding to oracle are configured"

But how to define my database connection parameters like
username/passwd and SID?

Can you please give me the navigation from
http://localhost:8080/manage ??? Is it the right adaptor i
downloaded?/

Thanks in advance
Uma