[Zope-DB] Returning values from Oracle function/procedure withZSQLMethod

Jim Abramson jabramson at wgen.net
Fri Apr 8 18:10:03 EDT 2005

for functions, you can do something like

select my_function_result(<dtml-sqlvar myparam>) from dual

(assuming your function returns a scalar of some kind.)

for procedures, you can do the DCOracle2 Stored Procedure (might be
called ZOracleDA Stored Procedure in your install...)

OTOH I've found the procedure objects a bit flaky.  In our experience we
ended up needing to do increasingly complex things with plsql, and
ultimately, we had no choice to move all our db access out into
ExternalMethods or Products and use DCOracle2 directly.  This does
require constructing your own connection pool/management, but once
you've built that you can leverage DCOracle2 directly in python and this
provides much more flexibility.

hth
Jim