[Zope-DB] UnpicklingError in Ape 1.0

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Fri Apr 15 01:11:17 EDT 2005

Dinh Trung Viet wrote:
>> - MySQL without transaction support seems to cause this.  Make sure your
>> MySQL really supports transactions.
>>
> All tables created in ape database is INNODB

I'm not certain that's enough.  From what I remember last time I did it,
getting MySQL set up correctly is quite puzzling.  For example, if MySQL
doesn't support InnoDB tables, I've seen it silently fall back to a
different table type.  I recommend scouring /etc/mysql/my.cnf or trying
PostgreSQL.  It's much easier to get working since it reports errors in
a lot of cases that MySQL doesn't.

Shane