[Zope-DB] Returning values from Oracle function/procedure withZSQLMethod

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Apr 22 06:40:00 EDT 2005

Chris Withers wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
>>> Huh? I think you need to provide a little more information there...
>>

>> Sorry, I meant that the "native Oracle interface" is not DCOracle2,
>> hinting that at the project I mentioned below.
>
> right, but DCOracle2 is *A* native oracle interface, right?

No doubt about that :-)

>>> Tell me more :-)
>>

>> Nothing much to tell yet - we're currently busy with other
>> products, but the above idea is in the queue.
>
> How will it be different to DCOracle2 and how far along with it are you?
> I have imminently in my stack fixing a number of DCOracle2 issues and
> getting a release or three out, and if I don't need to do that, I'd like
> to know now ;-)

We won't have anything ready in the next three months;
that much I can tell you.

If you make DCOracle2 stable enough to use as low-level
interface, we might even consider using DCOracle2 for
the Zope DA, so we wouldn't want to hold you off on fixing
issues in DCOracle2 :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 22 2005)