[Zope-DB] Re: How to call a zsql method with NOT a parameter

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Feb 2 15:59:06 EST 2005

Axel Straschil wrote at 2005-2-2 07:54 +0000:
>A last word why I don't won't pass parameter='': What if my parameter is
>INT? For me, its natural to signal a none-existing-parameter with None,
>not with '', but we discused that in the thread bevore.

It is natural for Z SQL Methods to support '' as a way to express
"no value provided", because an empty form field returns ''
and not "None".

I agree with you that Z SQL Methods should treat "None" in
the same way -- but the current implementation does not do it.

Your options:

  *  become a Zope contributor and fix it

  *  file a feature request (if possible with patch) to

     <http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope>

  *  live with the work around (using '' rather than your
     prefered "None")

  *  derive your own version of Z SQL Methods.

--
Dieter