[Zope-DB] Re: MySQLdb problem

Wolfram Kraus kraus at hagen-partner.de
Thu Feb 10 02:39:34 EST 2005

prabuddha ray wrote:
>   I gave up the oracleDA idea coz cudnt arrange a oracle client for my
> SuSE n went for mysql.Folllowing prob faced.
>
> after giving follwing commands
>
>   $ tar xfz MySQL-python-1.0.1.tar.gz
>   $ cd MySQL-python-1.0.0
>   $ export mysqlversion="4.0.20"
>   $ export mysqlclient="mysqlclient"
>   $ export mysqloptlibs="ssl crypto"
>   $ python setup.py build
>   $ su
>   # python setup.py install

Are you sure that the normal user and root work with the same python
version (BTW this should be Python 2.3.4 for Zope 2.7)? Try the following:
which python
su
which python

The output should be the same. If there are differences, call setup.py
install with the full python path you get for the user's python version,
  e.g. /usr/local/bin/python2.3 setup.py install

Oh, and there is a new version (1.2.0) for MySQL-Python available:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python

HTH,
Wolfram