[Zope-DB] Re: [Zope] DCOracle2 compile problem

Piotr Kral piotr.kral at coig.katowice.pl
Thu Jun 9 18:13:42 EDT 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Michele Marcionelli wrote at 2005-1-20 08:09 +0100:

>>dco2.c: In function `Cursor_bind':
>>dco2.c:3393: `dword' undeclared (first use in this function)
>

> If you are unlucky, then Oracle dropped the ancient
> type definitions such as "dword" ("double word").
>
> In this case, "dco2.c" would need a severe facelift to
> use more modern type names...

Today I was trying all day to compile DCOracle2 on RHES 3 witch Oracle 9
or 10 client and nothing. But in the evening (I've finished 10 minutes
ago) on my laptop with FC3 and oracle 10 client everything went fine.
The solution is to change 3 words in dco2.c You just need to change
"dword" to "dvoid" (all 3 times) and it's fine. I don't know why I
couldn't compile it on my development server. Idon't think it's os'es
problem, it's rather something with oracle client or environment
variables. I'll see it tomorow at work.