[Zope-DB] Re: ZPyscopgDA for Windows XP

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 11:42:22 EDT 2005

Hi Infor,

how did you install Zope and python: from source or did you install the
zope binary version that there is at the zope website? If you installed
the binary, which is my best guest, it doesn't have psycopg. You can
test if this by doing this on a windows console:

C:\> cd yourZopeFolder\bin
C:\> python
 >>> from psycopg import *

Then, if you get an error, it means it isn't installed, so, you have
three alternatives to install it:

First alternative:
1.1 Install python 2.1.3 (If you don't have it)
1.2 Install the psycopg binaries
1.3 Copy the installed files to:
     C:\YourZopeFolder\lib\python
     If I'm not wrong, the binaries install a folder in lib\python2.1
1.4 You can uninstall python if you want
1.5 Start zope and try to create a psycopg connection

Second alternative:
2.1 Create a folder called Python in C:\
2.2 Create manualy this registry key:
     [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.1\InstallPath]
2.3 Set its value to C:\Python
2.4 Copy the installed files to:
     C:\YourZopeFolder\lib\python
2.5 Delete the registry key
2.6 Start zope and try to create a psycopg connection

Third alternative (I haven't done this in windows)
3.1 Compile python from source -> You will need a c compiler for this
3.2 Install pscopg from source using the previous python
3.3 Install zope from source and use the previous python -> I don't
     know how this works under windows :-(

Regards,
Josef Meile