[Zope-DB] Installing DCOracle2 with Oracle 10g

Seth Gottlieb sgottlieb at optaros.com
Mon Oct 24 09:14:21 EDT 2005

I didn't do anything with PDO either.

I just:
     *  Put files from the full Oracle install some header files into
the directory rdbms/public and network (neither of which are created by
the version of the Instant Client that I installed). I found the
instructions most helpful
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/zope/db/177133).
     * changed all instances (3) of "dword *" to "dvoid *" in src/dco2.c
     * changed "DEFS= @DEFS@" to "DEFS= " in src/Makefile
     * commented all the Oracle detection logic in src/testora and hard
coded:
           o ORADEF="-DORACLE10g -DUSEOBJECT -DNATIVENUMERIC"
           o ORAINCLUDES="-lclntsh"

--Seth

--
Seth Gottlieb