[Zope-DB] mxODBC w/Oracle ODBC Drivers and zSQL Stored Proc Question

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Sep 5 18:55:33 EDT 2005

Edward Muller wrote:
> Would it be possible to execute a query like below using zSQL Methods.
>
> DECLARE
>    tname STRING;
>    select_STRING;
> CALL sp_buildSet(22,330,tname);
> BEGIN
>    select_string := 'SELECT * FROM :1';
>    EXECUTE IMMEDIATE select_string USING tname;
> END;
>
> Assuming that the above is a valid Oracle query.
>
> Or will we need to execute the stored procedure (sp_buildSet) from a python
> script/product.
>
> Never had to call stored procedures before so I don't know if I can from a
> zSQL Method.

You can use the ODBC notation for calling stored procedures (this
works cross-database):

or the native Oracle format.

The mxODBC Zope DA also has a special .callproc() method
(see the manual), if you want to have more control over
the procedure call.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 06 2005)