[Zope-DB] external ZODB from Zope interface

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Thu Feb 2 10:44:02 EST 2006

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:25:09 +0100, gyro funch <gyrof at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the very useful reference.
> However, I don't see anything in there about accessing a ZODB. I may
> have missed something, but I don't see a suitable
> ZODB adapter that I can add in the Zope interface (similar to what is
> apparently possible for Gadfly, MySQL,
> PostgreSQL, and other DBs).
> Any other ideas about how to access 'external' ZODBs and make them part
> of the Zope project?

Interesting question. I don't think is a common request. You might want to
look at how to use standalone ZODB's in Python, although it sounds as if
you're already competent with that. It may indeed be that you do need an
ExternalMethod for what you want to do - shouldn't be much trouble, I
would think. Why do you need several databases? Is it something to do with
the size of your data?

Other than that I'm sure the Timbot will notice the post!

Charlie