[Zope-DB] Operation Error : Using Zope2.6.1 and mxODBCZopeDA

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jun 22 14:03:32 EDT 2006

Sudesh Soni wrote at 2006-6-22 10:39 +0530:
>Yes , i have SonicWall VPN Client version 2.2.2.210 running on our SQL
>server. If this is the reason then, do i have to make some changes in the
>settings/properties in Sonic wall ?

Usually, firewalls have an option to configure how long the connection
inactivity timeout should be. Check your firewall documentation...

>Or any other way to resolve this problem?

We work around the problem by catching the "OperationalError",
close the connection, reopen it and than raise
an exception derived from "ZODB.POSException.ConflictError".
The last step causes ZPublisher to repeat the request automatically.

--
Dieter