[Zope-DB] programming error:could not begin transaction

lena555 at gmx.net lena555 at gmx.net
Tue May 2 12:25:33 EDT 2006

Hello everybody!

Maybe some of you have already had database errors using Zope with Postgres
and can help me with the following problem:

When I try to insert new data in a table using an input form, I get the
following error message.

(Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the error - sometimes I manage to insert
a data, sometimes not.)

Internal Server Error

ProgrammingError
('HY000', 1, '[unixODBC]Could not begin a transaction;\nCould not send
Query to backend;\nCould not flush socket buffer.', 5928) Error Type:
ProgrammingError Error Traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
     * Module OFS.DTMLDocument, line 128, in __call__
       <DTMLDocument instance at 1aafeb30>
http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/Intern/Stammdatenverwaltung/PublikationenVerwalten/PublikationEingeben/manage_main
       Physical
Path:/Intern/Stammdatenverwaltung/PublikationenVerwalten/PublikationEingeben
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 626, in renderwob
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 198, in eval
       __traceback_info__: getPublikation
     * Module <string>, line 1, in <expression>
     * Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.DA, line 454, in __call__
       <SQL instance at a292c560>
     * Module Products.mxODBCZopeDA.ZopeDA, line 1380, in query
     * Module Products.mxODBCZopeDA.ZopeDA, line 1264, in
run_cursor_callback
     * Module Products.mxODBCZopeDA.ZopeDA, line 1372, in <lambda>
     * Module Products.mxODBCZopeDA.ZopeDA, line 948, in errorhandler

ProgrammingError: ('HY000', 1, '[unixODBC]Could not begin a
transaction;\nCould not send Query to backend;\nCould not flush socket
buffer.', 5928)

I could not find sites reporting about similar problems.
Maybe I do not sufficiently understand the error message. In that case, I
hope somebody gives me a hint.

Best regards,

Lena