[Zope-DB] programming error:could not begin transaction

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Wed May 3 12:25:05 EDT 2006

On 2006-05-03 at 17:23:32 [+0200], Helena Hartfiel <lena555 at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Charlie,
>
> Thank you for your response.
> In fact, I am not familiar with ODBC logs, where can I find it? The database
> is running on a network. The connection used is an eGenix mxODBC Database
> Connection.
>
> I am not sure whether it is related to Zope or not. I have access only to
> the ZMI of the system.

Lena,

please keep the reply on the list so that others can contribute. The error
you are receiving:
('HY000', 1, '[unixODBC]Could not begin a transaction;\nCould not send
Query to backend;\nCould not flush socket buffer.', 5928)

Is coming from unixODBC and refers to the database connection. As such it is
unlikely to have anything to do with the the SQL you are sending but might be
related to the connection settings you have. Please pass this error message
to your sys admin or DBA to see if they can help you.

Charlie