[Zope-DB] Using <dtml-var>s in ZSQL methods?

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Sat Jun 16 18:24:01 EDT 2007

Am 17.06.2007, 00:14 Uhr, schrieb Ken Winter <ken at sunward.org>:

> <dtml-comment>
>   title: Method to delete one Person by id
>   connection_id: dhatabase
>   arguments:
> 	person_id
> </dtml-comment>
> delete from person
> where person_id = <dtml-var person_id>
> "
> When I tried to delete a couple of People using this I got the error
> message:
> "
> ProgrammingError: column "none" does not exist

You should be using <dtml-sqlvar person_id type="int"> here but in any
case no argument is being passed in: the error is coming from the DTML
rendering of a missing key argument.

I don't know about your file system product for this as all my ZSQL's live
in the ZODB but I assume all the meta-data is contained in the
<dtml-comment> section. Any chance you can test your stuff on a standard
Zope (non-filesystem) setup? I think that's where the problem is. FWIW you
might want to call the query or execute methods directly on the DA
connection object if they are supported.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com