[Zope-DB] [Zope] Stored Procedures Versus ZSQL Methods

JPenny at ykksnap-america.com JPenny at ykksnap-america.com
Tue Feb 17 18:40:50 EST 2009

Yes, with a stored procedure the DB does not have to reparse and
prepare a new plan for every query.  This can be a major win.  Esp.
on Oracle.

Remy Pinsonnault <remypinsonnault at gmail.com>
Sent by: zope-bounces at zope.org
02/17/2009 06:37 PM

zope-db at zope.org, zope at zope.org
cc

Subject
[Zope] Stored Procedures Versus ZSQL Methods

Hello,

We have a Zope application with thousands of Z SQL methods connected to an
Oracle Database.

Our DBA want us to develop our new applications using stored procedures
called through external methods, instead of using directly Z SQL methods,
for performance issues and memory usage.

Do stored procedures will allow better performance?

Thanks in advance

Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org
(Related lists -