[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Zope+Virtual Domains

Thu, 01 Apr 1999 22:39:20 +1000

I haven't seen a reply to this... ZopeHTTPServer (or ZServer, which is
replacing it) certainly doesn't seem to have any support for virtual domains.

However... they bind to the wildcard address (listening to all addresses
on a box), so there's no reason you couldn't do _some_ sort of switching
based on the IP, using the Host header from the request in your DTML.

cc'ing in zope-dev here:
Hm hm hm. I wonder if it would be worth adding a hook to ZServer, to make
it look for a Host: header, and prepend something to the request URL it
passes to zope? Eg.
hostmap = { 'www.zope.org': '/Zopesite/',  'www.elvis.com': '/elvis/' }

thoughts?

(anyone know if ZServer will appear in public CVS anytime soon?)

Anthony