[Zope-dev] Re: Zope-Dev digest, Vol 1 #28 - 18 msgs

Christopher.Abraham@cio.treas.gov Christopher.Abraham@cio.treas.gov
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 10:20:55 -0500

Hi:

I am a newbie, and am only using Zope like SSI.
I have experience with Cold Fusion and PHP3 and
need to do the following on my little hyperfiction site,
COELABORATION.COM.

I have collected a main file of content that looks like this:

<<
- - - - -
8:41) Ginny Little                                        06-JAN-98  18:26
 no downer, just a cycle, a circling round, a pause for breath, a look at
shadows in the light, offering contrast, offering calm resolve, as people die
on skis on slopes i have traversed, so i pause, and i wonder a bit, and i don't
say much-the silence comforts and words capture nothingness.
- - - - -
8:42) Katherine Blanke (KAT)                              06-JAN-98  23:07
 Late at night, on break from the pile of homework that still eludes me...had a
glimpse of the "adult world" today in the registering of college. Funny how
when I reach the end of a stage, I always look to the next steps as being
wonderful and transforming. Funny, isn't it...

 Late at night, the only thing alive is my mind and my writer's voice,
sometimes a whisper at the back of my mind, other times a shout I turn
frantically for but no one else hears. House settling, vent rattling, clock
chiming the hour, quarter after, half-hour, quarter to...every fifteen minutes,
part of my life is gone away. I used to waste away the hours, no one to share
them with, why do anything? Old habits die hard, as I now have many people, I
still sit alone when they are not there. alone, together, flip-sides of the
same mirror. When you are with people, you long to belong, when you are not,
you still wish to be with them.

 Tick-tock....tick-tock....tick-tock....mind shuts off and soul uncovers the
cloth...

 Sometimes, I just want to dance. I want my feet to jump and sweep along the
old carpeting of the confined space that is my living room, feeling my arms
stretch out and my legs twirl me around and around. I want to move my arms
and legs and twist about and feel graceful, feel immortal, with my dreams
hanging in the ceiling and my fallings-out in the basement, forgotten for the
moment. Sometimes...

 @!KAT
- - - - -
8:43) Ginny Little                                        07-JAN-98  12:35
 i think about somedays.  someday i will...
- - - - -
8:44) Kathy Madden                                        08-JAN-98  19:56
 Dance, dance, dance....those who feel the desire should never repress it.  ON
 Ooopw---on 5the other hand, only dance with those who understand you and
 then, the dance should be in some format that *demands* more!  ;)
- - - - -
8:45) Ginny Little                                        08-JAN-98  21:26
 dance on ice, dance naked in my living room, dance in time with the symphony
of the wind...

 and fly..
- - - - -
8:46) Dirk Flinthart                                      08-JAN-98  23:01
 Somedays turn so swift to yesterdays if you don't watch carefully,
carefully. Hand in hand we watch brave deeds unfold before us, turning, turning
in the gyre of quickstep 2/4 time. A step out of time and your place is lost,
whirled away by another, swifter in the dance.

 Wait your turn. Never miss your mark.
- - - - -
8:47) Phillip J. Rhoades                                  09-JAN-98  10:42
 Wait, so much time waiting that I've forgatten the steps.  The musice cascades
across time's dome and I have lost the rhythm.  The dance is nearly over,
I'll to wait until the next.

with sumber series file names like: 0001.txt - 0240.txt

I want this to be easy navigated as a cohesive text that starts with 8:0
and allows you to move up in linear progression ($txt++?) or down ($txt--?)
and then allows you to "randomly" link from each of them to another.

In addition, I would like to be able to let people list all parts by authors and
all text with "Seattle" in the them, etc...  I just notices that I cut out the
8:0,
8:1, 8:2 from the resulting collection.

Anyway, if any of you all know off the cuff the best way to go about
constructing
this "hyperfiction," I would be very excited.  I would like to manifest
something
like the results above on public web, but I did the above hypertext using
Screen Porch's Caucus 4.0 <http://screenporch.com>;<http://caucussystems.com>.

Any help would be truly adored as this is a self-funded work of love... Thank
Goddess
for my little P100 box and its Zope, MySQL, and Scott Burns, my guru...

Cheers in Advance,

Chris

PS: Sorry, no money for cgi-gurus or coders, this is just a labor of love.