[Zope-dev] Re: ZSybaseDA undefined symbol: bsd_tcp

Andrei Pitis Andrei Pitis <pink@gnu.org>
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 17:42:50 -0400

> I have found the bsd_tcp symbol defined in libinsck.so, added
> -linsck, recompiled, restarted, same result.  I am using the Python
> that comes with Zope, is there some trick in the way it loads shared
> libs?  /opt/sybase/lib is in /etc/ld.so.conf, of course...

Well, I've eventually got it to work: it seems that after linking with
libinsck the problem was fixed, but the "Broken product" tag and
traceback error messages persisted, even if the Product was working.
After removing the directory, stopping the zope process(es),
reinstalling ZSybaseDA (this time right from the first try: without
-ltli but with -linsck): the product ZSybaseDA appeared  as
"installed".

Now I have another problem:  I cannot get it to connect to the Sybase
server, which is up and running.  Since I am new to Python, this is a
much harder problem for me to fix :-)

This is the error message, anybody any comments?  Thanks:

Invalid connection string: pink panther floyd pubs2

Traceback (innermost last):
  File lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 877, in publish_module
  File lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 590, in publish
    (Info: /QuickStart/manage_addZSybaseConnection)
  File
  /opt/Zope-1.10.2-linux2-x86/lib/python/Products/ZSybaseDA/DA.py,
  line 117, in addConnection
    (Object: Navigation)
  File lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Connection.py, line 127, in __init__
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Connection.py, line 156, in edit
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Connection.py, line 200, in connect
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File
  /opt/Zope-1.10.2-linux2-x86/lib/python/Products/ZSybaseDA/db.py,
  line 181, in __init__
BadRequest: (see above)