[Zope-dev] MIME Tools

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 12:43:35 -0400

Try:

<!--#mime type=text/plain encode=7bit-->
<!--#var email_body-->
<!--#var email_signature-->
<!--#boundary type=text/html disposition=attachment
encode=7bit--><!--#var
"REQUEST['attachment'].read()"--><!--#/mime-->

The message body should come first, it's not seperate from the mime,
it's *part* of the mime.  Remember, sendmail, and SMTP in general, don't
know anything about MIME, as far as mail transport is concerned, a MIME
attachment is just part of the "message".  If you place data after the
#/mime tag, it is undefined what a mailer will do with it, but it
probably won't consider it part of the message that is displayed to the
user.  My guess is most mailers will just ignore it because it isn't
bounded at the end.

The #mime tag does not currently support given attachment parts names,
so your attchments will be given whatever name your mail wants to give
it.  This why it is called 'Part 1.2'.  This will be a feature in the
actual release.

-Michel