[Zope-dev] Anyone have IMAPAdapter working?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 16:48:12 -0400

<snip>
> 7. Select the NotMail Object, then Security. Add role "NotMail"
>  (there is no "view" permission at this level, there's "view
> management
> screen", "change permissions", "Change NotMail Settings", and
> "NotMail User".)

Hmm.  This is the difference, in my sandbox I have the full set of
permissions.  I would suggest checking out a Zope from CVS to test
NotMail and IMAPAdapter as this is the version that they have been
tested and developed against.  Neither NotMail nor IMAPAdapter will be
releases as "official" (read: 1.0) until Zope 2.0.  Till then they're
beta code when used with a recent Zope checkout.  When used with 1.10.2,
who knows.  In fact, I'll state clearly in the README's that a CVS
version is required.  This way I won't waste *your* valuable time.

<snip>
> (I'm running Zope 1.10.2 win32)
>
> Sorry, an error occurred.<p>
> <!--
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File D:/ZopeOne\lib/python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 877, in
> publish_module
>   File D:/ZopeOne\lib/python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 515,
> in publish
>     (Info: Imap/Hayden)
>   File lib/python/Products/IMAPAdapter/IMAPAdapter.py, line 208, in
> validate
>     (Object: Navigation)
> AttributeError: __getslice__

This is because there is no View permission restriction, your auth info
is 'None', which, of course, has no __getslice__ method.

-Michel