[Zope-dev] Bug in DateTime arithmetic

Jeff K. Hoffman jkhoffman@usa.net
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:05:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Brian Lloyd wrote:

> > Apparently, the DateTime code is picking up an extra hour somewhere
> > which is throwing the calculation off.
>
> At first glance, I'd guess that you are seeing the
> (backward) transition from daylight savings time to
> standard time...

Ahhh. You can tell it's been a long weekend. I should have picked up on
that at first glance. Guess that's why they say two eyes are better than
one. :)

Now the question is, what are the correct semantics for the subtract
operator on the DateTime class? Does "date - 1" mean "date - 24hours", or
does it mean "date - 1day".

At least I know what's going on with the code now. :)

Thanks,

jkh