[Zope-dev] Re: webdav: how?

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 01:33:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, David Ascher wrote:
> I've tried Greg Stein's davtest.py with it, and I get reasonable output if
> I give "anonymous" enough permissions (Greg, can one use authenticated
> URLs w/ davtest?  (http://user:pass@site).  davtest creates some files,

You can certainly adjust the BASE to include the authentication stuff.
However, it is going to depend on the target server to interpret it
properly. I know that Apache's underlying URI parsing functions will
extract that data, but I don't know if its authentication mechanisms will
use it.

Since it sounds like you're operating against a ZServer, then you'll need
an opinion from the Zope guys on whether it interprets those URLs
properly.

Note: I've started work on an improved testing script. I'm out this week
and next, but sometime in May, I should be posting the thing. Basically,
it keeps track of what the state of the server "should" be, and sends
random operations to it. It should be good for a long-duration stress
test.

> etc.  With IE5, however, I get nothing -- it always wants to give me the
> "default view". (is there a way to get a log of the interactions between
> IE and ZServer?)

tcpdump? :-)

Cheers,
-g