[Zope-dev] [Announce] CyberCash Connector for Zope

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:43:50 -0700 (PDT)

I was threatening Paul when I was out in VA that I would do this, and
because Rob made me make it a priority (got to love those guys), here to
put the Z in e-commerce, is the Wampum Generator! (May need to work on
the name)

The Wampum Generator allows you to process credit card transactions in
Zope using CyberCash. You can perform a variety of tasks using DTML and
most of the CyberCash administration functions exists in the management
interface (batch processing, voiding transactions, & posting returns)

From The README.txt:

The Wampum Generator (pre-alpha)

 The Wampum Generator (pre-alpha) is the first draft of a CyberCash
 Connection object that gives application developers the ability to
 process Internet credit  card transactions in Zope. If you encounter
 a bug or would like to see a particular feature added please discuss
 it on the Zope mailing list,  zope@zope.org. Or better yet send us a
 patch!

 We are releasing this product in this rough state because it might be
 useful to some of those people in the Zope community, and to receive
 your feedback and comments. Be warned this release is not for the faint
 of heart! If you're not the hacker type you might want to wait for a more
 polished release.

 To build this package you must download the Merchant Connection Kit (MCK)
 from CyberCash at http://www.cybercash.com and sign-up as a merchant.
 Note: the product will setup reasonable defaults for testing if you
 leave the values blank. For further information on building and installing
 please read the INSTALL.txt  which is in the same directory as this file.

 It is currently assumed that the user has a basic understanding of
 how credit card transaction work and that the user has passing knowledge
 of the MCK API. Documentation is available from www.cybercash.com.

 For an example of use please see the cybercash-form.dtml and
 process-cybercash-order.dtml in the same directory as this file.

 The Wampum Generator was created by CodeIt Computing, http://www.codeit.com.

 Special thanks to Digital Creations for funding this project so that
 the Open Source Community could have their own e-commerce solution to go
 with the worlds best web application platform.

 CyberCash, and the CyberCash MCK are registered trade marks of
 CyberCash Inc.

The Wampum Generator is available from the Contrib section of the Zope
web-site at http://www.zope.org/download/Contrib.

Enjoy!

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -