[Zope-dev] Product variable values

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
5 Aug 1999 18:42:51 GMT

Is it possible to have class variables in a Zope Product which :

1) are not stored in the object database
2) are reliably updated and retained throughout the life of a zope session
   when called by _bobo_traverse__()

I've written an example Zope Product to investigate these issues
and cannot determine a reliable way to achieve the desired results.

'_v_name' values are only *sometimes* retained from one http get
(via _bobo_traverse__() )to the next so those are out. I can't
determine a pattern to when they are and when they are not. Sometimes,
with two almost identical names, one's value is retained while the
other's is not.

'name' values are *sometimes* retained from one get to the next
within a _bobo_traverse__(), and again, I can't identify when or
why. However, changes to 'name' variables are stored in the Zope
database, so that's also out.

Thanks