[Zope-dev] Product variable values

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
9 Aug 1999 15:26:21 GMT

In zope.dev, michel wrote:

>Sounds like you just want 'name' objects that don't subclass
>Persistence.Persistent.  They won't be 'del'ed by the persistence
>machinery and will go away when the process quits.

No. Actually, the '_v_name' behavior that exists outside of a
__bobo_traverse__ call is what I want.  I can handle values being
occasionally flushed, but the overhead for them being flushed
virtually every time is a bit excessive.

See my example Test product posting in Zope.misc to see the behavior
that I'm talking about. Then substitute the __getitem__ call in
place of the __bobo_traverse__ and see the desired behavior wrt
_v_name values.

I need the __bobo_traverse__, but I also need the normal _v_name
value behavior when called by the __bobo_traverse__. How do I get
it?

Thanks