[Zope-dev] Minor quibble with the "let" tag

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 23:01:32 +0200

For programmers (like me) who like our syntax consistent, the inability
to write

  <dtml-let foo = 1>

(because spaces are not permitted around the equivalence operator) is
annoying. I have to write

  <dtml-let foo=1>

and that's just plain "ugh!" in my book.

Can't something be done about this? Why not accept whitespace in the
first place? Should be simple enough, shouldn't it (looking at
DT_Let.py, I don't see exactly why not)?

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"He won a first at Oxford, squandered three fortunes, made love to a