[Zope-dev] 2nd of back-to-back communications with Zope hanging?

Marc.Conley@mapics.com Marc.Conley@mapics.com
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:31:06 -0400

I am using 2.0.0b1. I am interested in whether or not anyone else is having
a problem
with two back-to-back communications with Zope hanging for a period of time but ultimately
working?

I am opening a URL on a Java client using UrlConnection which is requesting that Zope run an external
method. The purpose of the external method is to create  a folder and add  a property to the folder.

After I get the result back from the above external method, I immediately open another Url from
the Java client which calls another external method which requests the information that was added
(the folder's property).

When I open these Url's back-to-back, I finally get the response I am looking for after about 30 seconds. If I put a
1/2 second delay before opening the 2nd Url, it eliminates the problem--I get the response immediately. But, this
is a bandaid for some kind of problem.

Can anyone explain what I am experiencing here--have you had similar problems? Or even better,
is this something that has been fixed recently. Overall, 2.0.0b1 is stable, etc. for what I am doing, so I
was trying to wait until the final general release 2.0 comes out to switch.

Thanks for any help/tips/explanations you may have!