[Zope-dev] z2.py wishlist: Setting PID_FILE with command-line option

Gregor Hoffleit flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:52:01 +0200

Hi Anthony,

On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 09:20:20AM +1000, Anthony Pfrunder wrote:
> Glad you are packaging for Debian - that was the thing I was about to look
> at.  I'm the author of Zmake (a tool for building Zope & Python) and am
> currently extending it to Linux.  This should allow easy cross-platform
> building of extensions for Debian and the three Windows compilers (VC,
> Cygwin and mingw32).

Thanks. Your build environment is in the list of things I wanted to
look into but had not yet enough time ;-). Sounds like a nice solution
for Windows.

Though, I'm not sure how it will help me for Debian. Debian already
comes with all necessary Python packages, and Zope builds like a charm
("python w_pcgi.py"), so the tricky part is to adopt the paths to FHS,
write and init.d script and other cosmetic changes. Is there any point
for Zmake here ? Perhaps I'm missing something.

> It might be good to add the DTML guides as a separate zope-doc.deb

Yep. I think I'll package the guides in html format, zope-doc is
certainly the name to go.

> > Would this option be a reasonable addition to z2.py ? Should I file a
> > bug in the Collector ?
>
> File as a feature but it won't go in until 2.0+ as Zope is currently under
> a feature freeze

Hmm, I was hoping to get a comment from someone @ DC. I will have to
hack 2.0 anyway to add this feature, therefore I'd like to know if and
how they would add this in the near future, or if Debian had to branch
here with an incompatible option.

	Gregor