[Zope-dev] Zope and Com : CoInitialize done on each thread by Zserver?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:00:33 -0400

I'm working on an ADO DA for Z2. I'll need to do two things to get this to
work correctly with Zope 2.

1. Before win32com is imported, set sys.coinit_flags=0
2. In each thread, call CoInitializeEx(COINIT_FREETHREADED)

I've seen mentioned earlier on this list that Z2 was already calling
CoInitialize, but I can't find it in any .py files.

Before the next Z2 Beta comes out, can I get this setup as an "official"
thing?

If Zope isn't calling CoInitialize yet, I'll provide a patch if someone could
point me to the appropriate zserver file...

medusa/select_trigger.py doesn't seem like the correct place..

Thanks

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937