[Zope-dev] sanity check needed for catalog bug(?)

Anthony Baxter anthony@interlink.com.au
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 00:12:35 +1100

I have a bunch of documents, in a bunch of folders, let's say they're
set up like this:

f1/help/documents
f2/help/documents
f3/help/documents

f1, f2, and f3 each define a property that I want to store in the meta-data
(and index) of the documents.  Something in the change from CVS Version
1.42 to 1.43 of lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/Catalog.py made it so that
for some of the entries, this property name is not getting put in the
entries with the documents. Instead, I'm getting Missing.Value (when it
comes out of the catalog).

The problem is that the diff between the versions don't seem like they
_should_ break things. I guess I'm just asking if anyone else has seen
this as well, or is it just me.

(How do I know it is this? cvs up -r1.42 Catalog.py, restart: works.
cvs up -r1.43 Catalog.py, restart: broken again.)

Yes, it's in the collector, but this is bugging me...

Anthony