[Zope-dev] ZDiscussion bug

Ross Boylan RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 22:19:50 -0800

This is another example of the problem I reported a couple weeks ago of
being unable to post certain messages.
I've got the latest ZDiscussions.

It definitely seems to be specific to the content of the message, so I
thought another example might help.  The traceback appears below the message:

In article <81vsqq$sv1$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  gregory_wonderwheel@my-deja.com wrote:
> Well after struggles reminding me of the tasks of Hercules I've
finally
> penetrated into the member sanctum of deja.com.

Congratulations.  I completely agree that it's way too hard.  Thanks
for making the effort.

By the way, your postings use your deja.com email address, so you may
miss some replies unless you check your email there.  When you post,
you can make your regular email the return address.  You can also set a
preference so your regular email is the default.  But hopefully this
will all be history in a few days....

> Now for PSA discussion::: However, I can't figure out what number 1
> means. What is a "council"?  the problem with PSA is that I have never
> had a clear road map.

The "council" is the group which has authority to act on behalf of the
PSA.  At the moment, the entire membership is the council.  When we're
bigger, or when someone makes a motion, we can elect a council out of
the membership.  If we wanted, we could declare it the Pacifica Shadow
Board :)

> I move we make PSA user friendly.
>
> Until PSA gets off this deja.com.trap we won't have any success.

http://pacifica.joe.to/Zope/live is almost ready for the cutover.
One of the items there is a summary of PSA actions and positions to
date.

http://pacifica.joe.to has our old-style stuff.

> Every post needs a hyperlink to directions. How to navigate in PSA.
> Where new people are welcomed.
>
> The directions need to direct people to where the constitution and
> bylaws are.
>
> I have stated elesewhere that the problem with the new PLU is that it
> is autocratic and anti-democratic and the problem with PSA is that it
> is too "democratic" having elections for one thing or another every
> other week where it's too difficult to figure out what's being voted
on
> and what the ballots mean.
>
> I move we get focused on what the point of PSA is, instead of trying
> be too many things to too many people without being clear on any one
> thing.

See the summary of actions on the new site.  And we've been simplifying
the balloting procedure.

> What is the purpose of PSA? What *opportunity* does PSA provide
> listeners that makes it something to join?

Too sleepy to give a full response, but I'm fond of the "not one cent
for Pacifica National Board" campaign.  The purpose is to take back
Pacifica.  The opportunity is to pool resources, coordinate actions,
and bring the board to heel by cutting off the funds it needs to fill
its legal responsibilities of running a network.

> Stir it up.
>
> In article <81vhk0$lhe$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>   kathy288228@my-deja.com wrote:
> > Discussion of the following proposed motions is scheduled from Nov.
> > 28th through Saturday, December4.  Voting on the motions will be
from
> > 12/5 through 12/11:
> >
> > RB21 (By-law) Quorum
> > 1) If less than 30% of the total council membership, including those
> > absent or abstaining, votes in favor of a proposal, the proposal
fails
> > 2)This resolution will not take effect unless 3/5 of those voting
> > approve and 30% of the total membership approves
> > (This is current operating procedure; a passing vote will make it a
> by-
> > law)
> >
> > HC1.7
> > PSA will give $25 to support Kahlil Jacobs-Fantauzzi, the only
> > demonstrator at KPFA still facing court.  The usual PSA provisions
for
> > active involvement apply.

And here's the traceback:
Zope Error

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: argument in_reply_to was ommitted

----

Troubleshooting Suggestions

The URL may be incorrect.
The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML
source for this page.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for
your patience.

----
Pacifica Supporters Association Home
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in
publish
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 201, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in
publish
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: ZDItem_add)
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in
call_object
    (Object: ZDItem_add)
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 145, in __call__
    (Object: ZDItem_add)
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line
502, in __call__
    (Object: ZDItem_add)
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_With.py, line 133,
in render
    (Object: ZDItem.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 321,
in eval
    (Object: ZDItem.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
  File <string>, line 0, in ?
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/ZClasses/ZClass.py, line 419, in
createInObjectManager
    (Object: ZDItem)
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 155, in mapply
    (Object: ZDItem)
  File /web/main/src/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 93, in
default_missing_name
TypeError: (see above)