[Zope-dev] Zope guru help needed (or become guru if you help me)

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 11:40:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi Martijn -

A few non guruish comments.

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> differently for each field that is added. Because I could not figure out
> a way to pass extra information to the HTMLFile object when it's called,
> I decided not to use them, and wrote a custom class instead to produce
> the right form.

You mean you could not pass extra info in terms of keword arguments or
that was not an option?

> __roles__, and didn't find it. So while I was doing hacks anyway, I manually
> added in a __roles__ attribute to the FormHack class. After that renaming
> and copy and pasting *appeared* to work, though I've had some odd results
> after a rename recently, so I'm not entirely sure. This is one possible
> cause of the bug. A less hackish solution to all this would be appreciated,
> in any case.

The __roles__ (or <method>___roles__) attribute is the fundamental
attribute that holds the roles info for each method, class etc. (unless
things changed radically in later versions. If you are not using
ZPublisher directly you shouldn't need to mess with it.

Then again you are trying to do pretty unusual stuff so you might need an
unusual solution ;-)

I haven't offered much help, but if I get some time tonight I will read
Form.py.

Good Luck -

Pavlos