[Zope-dev] Reason for Uathorization Failure

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:19:43 -0500

How does one determine the reason that authorization is denied to
a particular resource?  Is the fact of denial logged anywhere?

I am trying to set up two local roles for some projected sections
of a website.  I would like to create a UserAdministrator local
role who can add, delete, or modify user passwords, and a Browser role,
who must log in, but may not do anything but view.  I am having
trouble getting the permissions right for this scenario.  Any hints?

Thanks.

Jim Penny