[Zope-dev] Re: Eliminating forced HEAD/TITLE/BASE HREF - followup

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 20:08:59 +0000

Tom Neff wrote:

> I didn't see Jim Fulton's response until after posting my own workaround to
> the previous Digest.
>
> I am using Zope 2.1.0 beta 2 on FreeBSD 3.0, and it works great.
>
> Jim wrote:
> > If I create a page (in 2.1) I don't get them.

I was wrong. :(
I was using something earlier.

The version that I was using decided that text like:

  <b>spam</b>

was plain text, because it lacks an <html>. The current
version of Zope decides anything with an end tag and no XML
preamble must be HTML.

For now, a cleaner way to do what you want is probably to
set the content type explicitly in your DTML Method:

<b>Hello Zope!</b>

Maybe we should get rid of the automagic <head>
insertion. Would anyone be sorry to see it go?

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.