[Zope-dev] Re: ZDiscussions cataloging

Mike Pelletier mike@geekbox.metamike.net
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:50:35 -0500 (EST)

    Good timing, I happen to be working on ZD at this very moment.

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Ethan Fremen wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I'm using ZDiscussions and am quite happy with it. A question and a
> problem:
>
> when does the Zdiscussion catalog Items or are Items all CatalogAware?
> I've noticed a delay in searching...

    ZDItems are the equivalent of CatalogAware-- they implement their own
manage_afterAdd and _beforeDelete methods which catalog and uncatalog as
appropreate.

> For some reason, when I try to search for a reply to a top level item
> (by title) it does not appear.  I've checked the title and also
> reindexed. What could be going on?

    I have also noticed some catalog oddities, but I haven't been able to
put my finger on exactly what's happening.  If you use the 'Cataloged
Objects' view and do 'Update Catalog', do you then get the search results
you expect?

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228