[Zope-dev] __cmp__ in python classes?

Benno Rice benno@netizen.com.au
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 15:04:00 +1100

Hi,

I've got a system I'm developing that has a bunch of Python classes that
I'm using.  One of these classes defines a __cmp__ method, but it doesn't
appear to be being called when I test for equality of two objects.

I checked to see whether it was Acquisition that was making it interesting
but even when I got the object directly it wasn't calling my __cmp__
method.

Does Zope ignore __cmp__ methods?  If so, is there any way around it?

--
Benno Rice                                      "No, no. We're *sweet* and
XNFP Aries Dark Subculture-                      *innocent* evil bastards."