[Zope-dev] exporting of versions.

Anthony Baxter anthony@interlink.com.au
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:30:33 +1100

Continuing from the earlier discussions of production.vs.development
machines, has anyone looked at allowing the export of the files modified
by a Version?

Say I have two Zope installations, dev and prod. Initially I sync them
up, then I want to make changes to some of dev, and export the changes
over to prod. Right now, the only real way to do that is to manually
export the individual objects, or else copy the entire Data.fs file (well,
ok, you could also use dd or something to just clip the new Data.fs entries
from the end of the file on dev, and concatenate them onto prod's file, but
that's a bit disgusting.)

One thing that Would Be Neat(tm) would be if you could go to the Version's
management screen on dev, then export just the changed objects. You could
then go across to the prod machine, and import this file to load up the
changed objects.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Anthony