[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] ANN: Python Methods 0.1.7 up and over to DC

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:47:41 +0200

Moved to zope-dev.

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> At the risk of excessively critiquing such a young and exciting product,
> may I suggest that some care be taken w/respect to namespace issues in
> PythonMethods?  That is, rather than adding things like "special_formats"
> and using special names like "traverse_subpath", couldn't we use import
> with a special module path?  (E.g. "from _Zope.special_formats import
> html_quote".)  Then, specials would not be a part of the common namespace.

This would be the only thing you can import in any case (no imports in PM),
so how about just renaming traverse_subpath to _traverse_subpath and
special_formats to _special_formats?  That way there's no chance of
namespace conflicts without adding an import.

--
Itamar S.T.  itamars@ibm.net