[Zope-dev] Plain text version of HTTPRequest

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:40:09 -0500 (EST)

Michel Pelletier writes:
>I'm not sure where the formatted version of REQUEST objects came from,
>but Jim got this wild look in his eye when he found out about it, since
>you can just go to /REQUEST anywhere in a URL space in Zope and inspect
>the REQUEST object.

I thought he *always* had that look in his eye. :) Anyway, this isn't
for interactive debugging, but for generating an e-mail when an
uncaught exception happens on our live site, so I don't see that the
ability to view /REQUEST helps; we just don't want to require that
everyone be running an MUA which displays HTML.

Mind you, I'm not wild about computers myself, but they are a tool. If you
have a tool, it's stupid not to use it.
    -- The Doctor, in "Inferno"