[Zope-dev] Help, I lost all with GenericFolder!?!?!?

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:50:40 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Clayton Miller wrote:

> I was having some trouble using GenericFolder 1.0.1 to determining if the
> user had actually logged in. So, I shutdown Zope and untared GenericFolder
> 1.0.5. After chown-ing the files, editting the Makefile user, and running
> make install; my Zope management site continually gives me a Temporarily
> Unavailable error message.

You are likely running into troubles as I didn't give any thought to
upgrade issues (this still being in a beta stage and all), as I was
expecting fairly major changes to occur through the beta cycle.

I would suggest the following:

    Backout your 1.0.5 installation, and start up Zope.
    Log in as the superuser
    Copy all your methods inside your GUF somewhere else in the tree
    Delete your GUF
    Shutdown, and untar the GUF distribution into your Zope tree (the
    Makefile shouldn't be there - it is really just for me...)
    Startup, log in as the superuser and create a new GUF
    Migrate your methods back one at a time, after checking for
    changes to the interface (there is at least one hook added between
    1.0.1 and 1.0.5, and the docLogin hook has changed).

Which reminds me - I really should release the production version...

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au