[Zope-dev] ZODB DA?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:56:39 +0000

Patrick Phalen wrote:

(snip)
> Have you ever given thought to implementing a Linux-only version of
> Zope optimized for use with the reiserfs?

Not until you mentioned it.  I did spend some time looking at:
http://devlinux.com/projects/reiserfs/

> This is probably just hooey,
> but I wonder if the balanced-tree approach in the Reiser filesystem
> might not map well into ZODB.

How so?

Would you imagine using the reiserfs as a ZODB storage?
If one was going to use a file system as an object store,
then the reiserfs would be attractive due to it's effective
support for small files. Is this what you had in mind?

The ZODB has a well-defined "storage interface" that should
make implementation of a reiserfs- (or just an fs-)
based storage reasonably straightforward, although getting
transactional sematics right might be a tad tricky.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.