[Zope-dev] Inheritance isn't working, or Mystery of the Missing Doc Strings

itamars@ibm.net itamars@ibm.net
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:12:07 +0200

Food ZClass inherits from ZWorkflow ZClass, and from a python base class
FoodBase that inherits from OFS.ObjectManager.ObjectManager.

So, calls to objectItems should be "sent" to FoodBase, who then "sends"
them to ObjectManager.  Instead, I get an error saying "Missing doc
string"!!!

Just to explain fully, ZWorkflow inherits from python class Workflow
which in turn inherits from CatalogAware.  None of the above define
objectItems anywhere.

What's going here?  And why do the things always happen when I'm on a
deadline?