[Zope-dev] ZOPE hosting: Subsiting patch 0.5.

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 16:13:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> Not really sorry. The problem here is, that absolute_url works based on
> Acquisition.
>
> Now, with the patch, you may add a 'c' to the ZOPE_DROP_FOLDER parameter,
> as this cuts the Acquisition chain. But till somebody develops a working
> (security wise) Folder class replacement for Subsite Folders, this doesn't
> help much, as Folder objects don't bring the infrastructure to be the root
> object of a ZOPE store. :(
>
> On the other hand, I just patched ZOPE 2.0.0a4 so that absolute_url
> knows about ZOPE_DROP_FOLDER, and made it generate the right sub url.
> It's available under http://www.mtg.co.at/projects/subhosting/ as version
> 0.6
>
> Please test it, and tell me about all deficiencies, like absolute_url has
> been.

You rock.

Although it makes me wonder if adding some sort of api call to generate
URL's might be in order, because I'm sure this type of problem is going to
pop-up in third-party products as well.

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -