[Zope-dev] real globals

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 13:37:37 +0100

What is the correct way for an ExtensionMethod to share data across all
invocations. I have an extension method which does a mem/cpu intensive
calculation. I have implemented a threaded queuing scheme using a global
variable _Jobs; this variable is supposed to be unique. When I run the
extension function twice simultaneously I get two copies of this
'global' instead of the expected 1; my function proceeds as expected,
but the memory usage becomes extreme and thrashing starts.

So my question is how to get the same environment for each invocation?
--
Robin Becker